Kenmont Swimming Pool Regulations
**See the Kenmont Member Guide for the complete list of Kenmont rules and regulations**
Kenmont Swim and Tennis Club has implemented the Red Cross Water Competency Test. Safety is a priority at Kenmont and we want to ensure a safe and fun environment for children and parents.
Children under 45 inches tall must be able to demonstrate these water competencies in order to swim unaccompanied in the diving well or lap pool:
- Swim comfortably 25 yards without touching the bottom or sides of the pool.
- Jump into water that is over the child’s head and return to the surface.
- Tread water for one minute; turn on their back, float briefly, exit water.
See the Red Cross web site for more information.
Pool use restrictions:
- Any child less than 45 inches tall must pass the swimming test to swim unaccompanied in the diving well or in the lap pool.
- Children less than 45 inches tall who have not passed the swim test must be accompanied by someone who is at least 15 years of age and who is in the water (within arm's reach) while they are in the diving well or the lap pool.
- The swim test is not required for children who are 45 inches or taller. However, all children are encouraged to take the swim test if they are unsure of their ability.
Youth Swimmer Identification
Children who have taken and passed the swim test will be given a wristband that must be worn if the child is unaccompanied in the diving well or the lap pool during the duration of the summer. Children less than 45 inches tall who have not passed the test may not wear a wristband and will not be allowed in the pool unless accompanied by a person 15 years or older.
Children who have passed their swim test must bring the wristband with them each time they come to swim to gain access to the whole pool. Additional bands may be purchased for $1 for children who have passed the test but who have lost their wrist band.
Swim testing will be offered regularly according to a posted schedule.
Swim testing in addition to posted schedule may be conducted upon request at the discretion of the pool manager if sufficient Lifeguard supervision is present to allow for a Lifeguard to conduct testing. Lifeguards should make reasonable efforts to accommodate testing for guests so that they may fully enjoy the pool based on their abilities.
Unsupervised children who are less than 45 inches in height will be removed from deep water at the Lifeguard's discretion.